Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Taupe anyone?

So I'm in the office kitchen and one of my co-workers walks by with a really nice taupe colored sweater, I said "That's a nice sweater...I like the color...I have a nail polish that color"....Classic statement from me, everyone knows I have a nail polish "issue"...although I seem to be the only one who does not think it is an "issue"...LOL!

Anyway, after thinking about the color,  I realized that I have enough taupe's to do a comparison, so here it is....

Color Clubs "High Society"

OPI "Over the taupe"
OPI "You don't know Jacques"

Left to right (on the finger) Color club, Over the Taupe, High Society, and You don't know Jacques
Left to Right (bottles) High Society, Over the Taupe, You don't know Jacques.

I really like them all, "High Society" is a more dusty taupe, "Over the taupe" is a brighter more "hot cocoa" taupe, and Y.D.K.J is more of a darker mushroom taupe.  Who knew there were so many versions of taupe's?

Oh and by the way my co-workers sweater was closer to "You don't know Jacques" :) 
Pin It!

5 comments:

Audrey said...

Love the comp!! Thanks!!

www.levernischocolat.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

@ Audrey- Thanks!!

Kirsten (The Dutch Nail Blog) said...

I love taupes! Thanks for the comparison. I have high society but it's still untried. Must do something about that!

You mentioned on my blog you would love a dare mani so here it is: food! Can't wait to see what you come up with. ;)

Sugar said...

I love them ALL! I'd probably do my nails with one of each. It looks really cute on your nails :)

Unknown said...

@Kirsten- AWESOME! I've never done nail art before so this will be interesting! I'll have something on Tuesday :P

@Sugar- That's a good idea, its like cocoa or mushroom colored nails..FUN! :)