Friday, January 7, 2011

Gypsy

I am obsessed with the movie "Gypsy" starring Natalie Wood and Rosalind Russell...obsessed I tell you!  From the first day I saw the movie when I was a teen until now, I love this film for several reasons...

1. It stars Natalie Wood, whom I love!
2. It stars Rosalind Russell , who I have loved ever since I saw "Auntie Mame"
3. I love the old burlesque style of stripping, it was classy, and it had mystery and flare!

So of course I love the song "Let me entertain you", sung at the time by Natalie Wood (who honestly can not sing), and I loved the costumes and numbers she performed to this song in the movie! Here is the old movie trailer.



Sooo that brings me to OPI's "Burlesque" Collection...and my NOTD..OPI's "Let me entertain you"

2 coats, topped with Seche Vite!














Look at all that "glitz and glamour"...gorgeous!









































This was an easy 2 coats.  The formula was great, no problems, just bright shining fuchsia with hot pink  micro-glitter...gorgeous!















In low light the colors are deeper and more raspberry, but the glitter within shines for ALL TO SEE! Lights...Camera...Action! :):)

Have a great Friday everyone!
Pin It!

13 comments:

yardsticks 4 lunatics said...

Maybe I told you this, but I was in the Charleston Light Opera Guild (WV) production on Gypsy back in 1990 - you know who played Gypsy Rose Lee? Jennifer Garner, yes!
I had a bunch of small roles...nothing major, although I was the understudy for Baby Louise (older).

I bought this color for the same reason!

:B
~Tiffani

yardsticks 4 lunatics said...

*of

Unknown said...

@yardsticks- No way! That's AWESOME! Being a part of that production must have been exciting! This trivia moment, made my day! :)

yardsticks 4 lunatics said...

It was a blast...the summer between my Junior and Senior year of high school....I am a musical theater hound!

:B
~Tiffani

Amberski said...

That is gorgeous, maybe I need to break down and get it!! Gypsy is one of my favorite movies- I love Natalie Wood.

Unknown said...

I'm lost never heard of the movie. I guess I need to get out more. Lol!! I'll do some research on it.

The polish is gorgeous though :D

Anonymous said...

LOVE this on you! You need more pinks!

Unknown said...

@scandalous- Yes, I have been working on buying and swapping more pinks and reds...as if I need more polishes..LOL!

Andi said...

That's why I picked this polish, too!! and it's sooo pretty on you :)

Tidbit for You - I just saw yesterday that they're thinking about remaking the Gypsy movie with Barbra Streisand as Rose? No clue who they'd cast as Gypsy yet.

Unknown said...

@Andi- That's GREAT news, I love Barbra...awesome!

Rory said...

This looks awesome on you! And trailer made my day (I love Gypsy)...watching it secretly at my desk while I wait for 5PM to arrive!

WhatGutSay said...

Auntie Mame is one of my favorite movies! And OPI Let Me Entertain You is currently my favorite polish. Both discovered in the past few months. I'll definitely be adding Gypsy to my Netflix queue.

Steffie said...

I was watching Gypsy today (again). I love that movie 2. I love how burlesque is so much more than stripping, it's art. I always say I want to be Dita von Teese when I grow up. lol.
Pink really does look great on you.