Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Laser Beams!

Last week, I saw a fabulous manicure on All Lacquered Up, that had to recreate. She called the manicure "80s Striped Tape Manicure"...but I call it Laser Beams! :)

















For this manicure I used my 3 favorite nail brands for creme polishes, OPI, Zoya  and Catrice.



























First, I painted my nails with 3 coats of OPI "Need Sunglasses". This is a a sheer sunshine yellow creme with shimmer. Then I applied 2 coats of Zoya "Paz", which is a neon orange creme. But because it is so bright, it needs a lighter color underneath to make it POP!














I decided to paint them in alternating side colors, and with one nail, I just applied the Zoya down the center.

After they had completely dried, I applied nail striping tape across the nail in random directions to create the most effect.  I only used 2 or 3 pieces of tape per nail. Then I applied 2 coats of Catrice "It's All I Can Blue". The Catrice is a bright cornflower blue creme, and I thought it would look the best with the neon orange and yellow.



























After I was done, I immediately took off the tape very carefully while the polish was still wet. Try and remember the order you applied the tape, and pull them off in the reverse order. I used tweezers to grab the tips of the tape.  After cleanup (very little), I applied 2 coats of top coat.
























































I love how the colors change up from neon orange to yellow! It reminds me of clashing light sabers in Star Wars, LOL!...except mine are yellow and orange. :)














I am super happy with this manicure, and I plan on doing it again and again!














Keep It Sweet!
Pin It!

4 comments:

K @ Karines Vernis Club said...

Beautiful! I'm definitely trying it too :)

nail a college drop out said...

what a coincidence we both did striping tape or laser beam manis today! love the color scheme you chose!

Freshie said...

The colors are great and remind me of an awesome running suite!

Unknown said...

This is amazingly gorgeous! Love it!