Friday, June 14, 2013

KBShimmer 2013 Summer Collection. Selected swatches and review

Yep, if you haven't heard about this fabulous collection  from KBShimmer, then LISTEN UP... It is amazing!  Here are some swathes of 3 of the 9 FABULOUS colors! Summer, here I come! :)



















KBShimmer "24 Carrot Bold" Matte
3 coats, no top coat













"24 Carrot Bold" Matte is a red-orange polish that is a stunning summer color.  This orange polish has a gold micro flake that shines in the light.  This color is super pigmented, so 2 coats is usual, but because I painted my layers thinner, I used 3 coats.

Here are some pics in indirect lighting.














Smooth finish, almost more "rubberized than matte, and the sparkles are visible in the sunlight and low-light.  This does take longer to dry, so be patient or top it with your favorite fast dry top coat for a shiny option, then follow it up with a matte top coat...you decide!. :)

Here are some pics using the flash!




























I love this reddish-orange neon, it is amazing!! Bright and smooth, Oh yeah!!!! :)

KBShimmer "Don't Pink Twice" Matte
3 coats, no top coat

















"Don't Pink Twice" Matte is a  pink polish with a subtle blue micro flake that shines in the light.  Super smooth and easy to apply.  2 coats is all that is needed to make this baby opaque, but I did 3 thin coats so I could get the maximum "WOW" factor! LOVE!

In indirect lighting.















I am NOT a pink fan, but this one had me HELLO!!!  I applied this color immediately to my toes, amazing!!!

With the flash.

















These blue flake really set this polish apart, I can see myself wearing this polish all summer!

KBShimmer "What's Your Damage?"
4 coats, no top coat

















Bottle Shot














"What's Your Damage?" is a  white "crelly" (creme/jelly) with neon glitters in pink, green, black and yellow.  The added black shreds give it an added edge. It is suggested that you may want to use a white base for this polish, but I opted to LOAD UP the glitter, and do 4 coats. LOL!

In indirect lighting.















The amazing this about these glitters, are the fact that they dry SMOOTH! It's amazing and refreshing to wear a glitter manicure and not NEED 3 coats of top coat.

And here is the way I decided to wear 2 of the colors...
















I topped my manicure with top coat, since I wanted it to LAST!  Those blue flakes are simply gorgeous! I loved this manicure soo much, I wore it for 5 DAYS... no chips! That's love ya'll!! :) This brand is consistently great, formula applies well, dries to a shine, they really do put out a quality product.

To see my swatches and others, check out their Facebook page KBShimmer Bath and Body.


KBShimmer products can be found at Http://www.KBShimmer.com. Polishes retail for $8.75 USD. 
For sales outside of the US visit http://www.HarlowandCo.org.
KBShimmer was founded in 2008 by the husband and wife team of Jason and Christy Rose.  KBShimmer offers unique and colorful nail glitter nail polishes that are Big 3 Free, with all glitter formulas being completely free of chemicals such as toluene, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin and dibutyl phthalate (DBP).  KBShimmer glitter polishes feature a flat glitter grabbing brush for easy application.  KBShimmer also offers a 2-free quick dry polish top coat, olive oil lotion, sugar scrubs, lip balms, cold process soaps and other skin care products.
*Info and product sent by PR for review.
Pin It!

3 comments:

Marisa said...

These are really nice! Perfect for summer.

Anonymous said...

So bright and summery!!!!!-L.

-Diana- said...

Such happy colors.